Academic association ‘’Eco-logic’’ is a non-partisan, non-advocacy, not-for-profit organization with a mission to preserve different activities for Environmental protection, protection of people's health and sustainable development. Academic association ‘’Eco-logic’’ was established in 2004. by a group of academics interested in Environmental protection and human rights protection as well. A particular interest of our association is directed to presenting some positive social changes and coordination of different acts in order to approach European Union. Academic association ‘’Eco-logic’’ has its head office in City of Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Today, we have more than 50 members; out of which 33 are PhDs. Other association members are mostly high educated, and involved into miscellaneous areas: Environment, Forestry, Agriculture, Architecture, Civil engineering, Foreign languages, Technology, Mechanics, Economy, Biology, etc. Besides aforementioned, we have a considerable number of other members and volunteers.
With our own human potential, disposable equipment and cooperative partners, the Association is capable to procure: EIA studies, monitoring of different Environmental and working area parameters, preparation of commercial and other organizations for a certification processes (ISO 9000, 14000, 18000, 22000), design and publishing activities, Management plans for Forest Economies, Management plans for Hunting areas, educational activities, translating and adjustment of foreign documents and publications in order to bring bodies of local, entity and republic levels of Bosnia and Herzegovina, scientific and expert institutions and individuals closer to European Union legislative, together with presenting foreign examples of good practice.
Institute of Quality and Sustainable Development ‘’IKOR’’ has been formed as an especial organization unit of A.A. ‘’Eco logic’’, with the main purpose directed to promoting and preserving different activities related to quality assurance and sustainable development.
Academic association ’’Eco-logic’’ has its own research base in frame of Enterprise –‘’Industrial Plantation’’. In addition, Academic association ’’Eco-logic’’ has signed memorandum of business and technical cooperation with different governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
For particular projects, scientific teams consisting of association members and expert associates - professionals, are formed. The association has also memorandum of understanding with other scientific, commercial and non-commercial institutions and organizations.
The association is a member of different international Networks such as: Eco Forum Europe, EEB and ISEE.
Besides the fact that we are very young organization (founded in 2004.), Academic association ‘’Eco-logic’’ was/is repository of many national and international projects concerning Environment, people's health protection, Sustainable development, Urban Environment development, Energy savings, Sustainable architecture, International certification, Economic issues, Human rights protection.
List of implemented projects
· Environmental impact assesment – quarry ''Vucijak'', nr:2.2.-004-40/05, feb.2005.;
· Longterm development Programme for Banjaluka`s Hunting area ’’Zmijanje’’, period 1.6.2005-1.6.2015., june 2005.;
· Longterm development Study for Public Enterprise ''Industrial plantage'' Banja Luka, may 2005.
· Longterm development Programme for company ''Hercegovina bilje'' Banja Luka, may 2005, Ljubinje, April 2005
· Project implemantation: ’’Afforrestration of Vrbas brinks for erosion protection na water quality improvement’’, Danube Regional Project- finatial help at national level, finansed by UNDP/GEF, implemented by REC, project number LO 14660, January 2006.
· Project implementation: ’’Aarhus in practice’’, local pilot project- next steps in Implementing the Aarhus Convention, project number. 21 763,
· Small Scale Commercial Agriculture Projects-SSCADP, Chicken production quality improvement study at factory ''Ljubivit'' a.d. Ljubinje, IDA credit number 3742-BOS, Project number: BA-SSCADP-BOS-3742-GR-BL-GR-06-013, date 27.09.2006.
· Small Scale Commercial Agriculture Projects-SSCADP,Bee`s products quality improvement study at Ljubinjsko`s beekepers association a.d. Ljubinje, IDA credit number 3742-BOS, Project number: BA-SSCADP-BOS-3742-GR-BL-GR-06-012, date 27.09.2006.
· Development of BiH Nacional standards for sustainable forestry management and forestry certification (QCBS-004), Legal, political and operative framework of BiH forestry, Forestry development and conservation projec (FDCP) WB loan BOS 3779, date 18 March 2006.
· Support to urban sustainability of Banjalukas green areas, SECTOR nacional project, SIDA and REC BiH, jun 2007.
· Civil Society and Citizens: ’’Proclaiming of the Vrbas protected area by IUCN categorization’’, Centres of Civil Initiatives, Donated by Holland Government, project nr. CDG 06/08, 18.04.2008.
· Protection of Urban forests and green areas- SECTOR regional programme “Supporting Environmental Civil Society Organisations in Southeastern Europe“- project is enabled through a grant given by the Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe's SECTOR Programme funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), Grant nr. 21812, september 2008.
© Sva prava zadržana | All rights reserved